With the current instability in North Africa and the turbulent market conditions over the past few years, there is a heightened awareness of the value of limited resources and commodities. We are all conscious of this because we hear about it every day from the media or suffer from it when we fill up our gas tanks. But there is a bigger crisis, one that goes completely unnoticed. Every day, as we go about our lives, we use up the most precious resource we’ve been given, and because it’s free and seemingly unlimited, we often waste it or take it for granted.
Let me give you some clues and see if you can guess what this vital resource is….
1. It’s priceless- it can’t be bought, sold, or traded.
2. It’s non-renewable- it’s impossible to make more of it.
3. Everyone is given the same amount each day- it’s up to you to get the most out of it.
4. It’s an equalizer- it doesn’t matter how rich or powerful you are, you get the same as everyone else.
5. It can’t be saved for later- you have to use what you’ve been given because once it’s gone, it’s gone!
Where you able to guess? The answer is…
…and it’s the only resource you don’t hear about in the news. Everyone is given 24 hours each day and complete freedom to use it as they please. Make the most of your time and don’t let it slip by unused or unappreciated. This doesn’t mean if you aren’t doing something all 24 hours, it’s being wasted. Sometimes doing absolutely nothing for a moment is exactly how it should be used. My point is, be aware of your time and how you are using it because when it’s all gone, you want to be able to reflect on how amazing it was, not wondering “Where did the time go?”
To a happy, healthy, productive life!